Connecticut Attorney for Foreign Judgment & Out-of-State Orders

If you live in Connecticut but are dealing with a divorce decree or family law problem from another state, it is important to have an experienced Connecticut divorce and foreign judgment attorney on your side.

I have extensive experience handling family law judgments and enforcement orders from other states, called foreign judgments. I will handle your legal matters with the utmost care and precision, to protect your rights and the rights of your loved ones.

Contact my law offices today online or by telephone in my Stamford office at (203) 356-1475 or in my Fairfield office at (203) 259-5251 to speak with an experienced Fairfield and Stamford Connecticut foreign judgment lawyer.

Enforcing Out-of-State Family Law Orders in Connecticut

Out-of-state orders involving child custody, child support and alimony and other critical family law matters can be enforced in the state in which you currently live.

If your ex-spouse is not complying with orders from another state, it is possible to have those orders enforced in Connecticut. In order to do so, it is necessary to:

  • Have established residency in Connecticut
  • Obtain certified copies of the orders from the originating state
  • Register the orders with the clerk’s office
  • Provide proof the other party was served

An experienced family law attorney can help you make sure all of the necessary legal details are taken care of when you are dealing with foreign judgments and out-of-state orders. I have been handling these legal issues since 1996 and have an in-depth understanding of the laws and procedures involved in foreign judgments and out-of-state orders.

I represent clients throughout Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Trumbull, Stratford, Bridgeport, Westport, Weston, New Canaan, Wilton, Norwalk, Darien, Stamford and Greenwich.

Contact me or call my Stamford office at (203) 356-1475 or my Fairfield office at (203) 259-5251 to discuss your options and learn more about how to enforce out of state orders here in Connecticut.