Connecticut Juvenile Crime Lawyer

Your child arrested?  Now what? Your child has been accused of a crime. Your family may be facing the Connecticut juvenile court system for the first time. You may be confused, frustrated and worried about how this will affect your kid’s future. Worrying won’t help, but where do you turn for answers?

When you need an experienced Connecticut juvenile crime attorney, turn to the Brian D. Kaschel Law Office. The outcome will have an impact on your child’s future. Let me help minimize the negative impact. Contact me today.

Child Arrested in Connecticut? Tips on What to Do Next

  • Advise your child that he or she doesn’t have to make any statement to the police. Even if your child did give a statement by waiving the right to remain silent, the evidence may be suppressed. Minors cannot waive their rights.
  • If you do submit to an investigation, make sure you have a lawyer present. Juvenile courts operate under a completely different set of rules. Police may tell you one thing, but the reality or truth about your child’s rights may be completely different. I will advise you about juvenile rights.
  • Talk to witness and gather contact information. Anything you can do to help your own cause will be a great help in juvenile court. As your attorney, I will follow up on the witnesses and conduct a complete investigation to prepare a strong defense case.
  • If you have received a summons to appear in juvenile court, talk to an experienced attorney immediately. I provide a free consultation to assess your case and explain the process you are facing.
Connecticut Juvenile Court
Child arrested

If your child was arrested, get the legal guidance you need.  I help families throughout Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Trumbull, Stratford, Bridgeport, Westport, Weston, New Canaan, Wilton, Norwalk, Darien, Stamford and Greenwich.

Contact me online or call my Fairfield office at (203) 259-5251 or my Stamford office at (203) 356-1475 to arrange a consultation to discuss your options and learn more about the process involving a child arrest.  I represent clients in the Bridgeport, New Haven and Stamford Juvenile Courts.