A pharmacist, doctor, nurse and other health care professionals should understand the inherent risks associated with the medications they prescribe. That is why they have a duty of care to be extremely careful when it comes to advising patients what and how much of any particular type of drug they should take. Because, when a medication errors occur, the damage can be immediate, severe, permanent and sometimes even fatal.
At the Brian D. Kaschel Law Office, I understand what is at stake and the extent of harm you may have endured. Helping you get monetary compensation for your injuries and holding the negligent parties responsible are my highest priorities.
As a Fairfield prescription error attorney, I can help you pursue a lawsuit for your injuries or the death of a loved one where any of the following situations have occurred:
- Not taking a proper history that results in an allergic reaction to medication
- Ordering medications that are contra-indicated after failing to check what other drugs the patient is currently taking
- Failure to administer the correct dosage causing ineffective results or an overdose
- Prescribing the wrong type of medication
- Illegible handwriting causing errors by a pharmacy or dispensary
- Recommending a medication without informing the patient of all the risks
- Prescribing a drug that has been recalled or proven to be unsafe
It Costs You Nothing to Explore Your Legal Rights
If your family member’s medical tragedy could have been prevented, I am a Fairfield prescription negligence lawyer who will fight to hold the doctor, nurse or other medical provider who made medication errors accountable.