Grandparents’ Visitation Rights Attorney in Fairfield and Stamford, CT

There are few moments as precious as time spent between grandchild and grandparent. But when this special relationship is compromised by acrimony between parents, in-laws and other family members, child and grandparent alike are left in the cold.

I help clients assets their grandparents rights in Connecticut with a wide range of issues involving child custody, visitation and other critical family law matters. As a grandparent, you have may important rights. I can help you assert them.

Contact my law office today online or by telephone at  (203) 259-5251 to speak with an experienced Fairfield, Connecticut, grandparents’ rights lawyer.

Standing Up for Grandparents’ Rights in Connecticut

When parents become estranged after a divorce, it is sometimes difficult for grandparents to have access to their grandchildren. In some cases, grandparents may fear for the welfare of the child because of the negligent behavior of the parents. In either case, grandparents may have legal rights in regard to child custody and visitation.

In order to petition the court for visitation rights, grandparents or other third parties must show they have a parent like relationship with the child and that denying visitation would cause harm to the child. Some of the factors that could go into proving that belief would be that:

  • They have a pre-existing parent-like relationship with the child
  • They raised the child for a period of time
  • The parent/parents are unfit to raise the child
  • Denying visitation rights to the grandparent would be detrimental to the child

As an experienced family law attorney, I can help you understand your rights. As a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem and attorney form minor children, I have been appointed by the court to represent children in the legal system. If you feel your rights as a grandparent have been compromised, I am here to stand up for your rights.

Schedule Your Initial Consultation Today

I represent grandparents throughout Fairfield County including Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Trumbull, Stratford, Bridgeport, Westport, Weston, New Canaan, Wilton, Norwalk, Darien, Stamford and Greenwich.

If you are facing a grandparents rights issue, I am here to answer your questions and help you explore your legal options. Contact my law offices today online or by telephone in Fairfield at (203) 259-5251 or in Stamford at (203) 356-1475  for an initial consultation.