There are many Connecticut Family Court & Juvenile Courts closings due to coronavirus.
Only matters that are considered Priority 1 Business Functions will heard until further notice.
These include the following:
- Family orders of relief from abuse (Restraining Orders);
- Ex parte motions such as requests for Emergency Custody; and
- Family capias mittimus execution and bond reviews.
Effective April 1, 2020 the Stamford Family Court is closed until further notice. These cases will be heard by the Bridgeport Family Court located at 1061 Main Street in Bridgeport. Contact the Bridgeport Clerk’s Office at (203) 579-6527 for further information and scheduling questions.
- Orders of Temporary Custody (OTC’s)
- Orders to Appear;
- Juvenile Detention Reviews for juvenile detainees;
- Termination of Parental Rights (TPR’s);
- Delinquency referrals involving Domestic Violence; and
- Other urgent matters brought the Court’s attention.
There are only two (2) Connecticut Juvenile Courts currently open – Bridgeport and Hartford.
Hours are limited Tuesday – Friday to 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. These Court are open 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Mondays.
Please be aware that you will not be allowed to enter a Family Court or Juvenile Court unless you are involved in one of the matters listed above.
Family Court and Juvenile Court Consultations
I represent clients in all Divorce and Family Court related matters though out Fairfield County including those who reside in Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Trumbull, Stratford, Bridgeport, Westport, Weston, New Canaan, Wilton, Norwalk, Darien, Stamford and Greenwich.
Contact me online or call me in my Fairfield office at (203) 259-5251 or in my Stamford office at (203) 356-1475 to schedule a phone consultation to discuss Connecticut Family Court & Juvenile Court Closings due to coronavirus. Let’s figure out what the best available options are for you including what to do now if your case has been postponed.
I hope you are safe and well.