Who pays for medical bills is one the biggest concerns a Connecticut car accident victim has. The anxiety builds as the debts pile up and more medical treatment is still needed.

Now let’s get your medical bills squared away.

Here’s how:

1. Medical Payments Coverage (“Med Pay”). Look at your automobile insurance policy. You may have purchased additional coverage in case you were injured in a car accident. If so, this is your primary source for paying your medical bills.

2. Health insurance. This is your next option if you do not Med Pay or have exhausted the amount of Med Pay coverage. Before your private health insurance will pay your expenses, they will require a letter from your automobile insurance carrier that you do not have Med Pay coverage.

3. Medicare or Medicaid. If you are on either these federal programs, they will pay the bills as they come in but they will eventually make a claim for reimbursement.

4. Worker’s Compensation. If you are injured in a work related motor vehicle accident, worker’s compensation insurance while cover your health care expenses.

5. Letter of Protection. This is written promise sent to your medical provider that you will pay your outstanding medical bills when your case is resolved. Basically, your doctors have a lien on your settlement.

As an accident victim, your focus should be on receiving appropriate medical care and recovery. Making sure your bills are paid is one of the more important tasks your attorney can handle for you.

Please email me or call  (203) 259-5251 if you need help getting your bills paid after a Connecticut car accident.

CategoryCar Accidents

© 2018 by Brian D. Kaschel Law Office. All rights
reserved. Disclaimer l Site Map l Privacy Policy l
Website by Six7 Marketing