Jump to Navigation

Fairfield Pet Trusts Lawyers

Providing for Your Pets After You Are Gone

Most of us outlive our pets. But if you met an untimely death or became incapacitated, what would happen to your faithful animal companion? Would a friend or family member step up, or would your dog or cat be adopted out or taken to an animal shelter?

As part of your estate plan, the Brian D. Kaschel Law Office in Fairfield, Connecticut can help you declare your wishes regarding custody and care of your pet, including creation of a pet trust to provide for everything from feeding and grooming to veterinary care and dignified burial.

I counsel pet owners in Fairfield County and New Haven County. Contact me to discuss a special trust and provisions in your will for care of a companion animal.

Fairfield Pet Trusts Attorney

If you died or became disabled without a provision in your will, your survivors or a probate judge would decide the fate of your pet. Perhaps your heirs would fight over your pet as if it was a set of silverware. Perhaps no one would take the responsibility, and it would end up in an unsuitable home.

I can help you:

  • Arrange for a friend or relative to take legal custody of your pet(s)
  • Set aside funds in a pet trust to provide for care and comforts
  • Declare where and how your pet should be buried or cremated
  • Establish a bequest to charity in your pet’s memory

Connecticut Pet Law Lawyer: Care of a Companion Animal

Under the law, your pet is property. To you, he or she is a member of the family. For peace of mind that your companion animal will be properly cared for, call (203) 259-5251 or e-mail me to arrange a free consultation.


Our Practice
How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
I have read the disclaimer.

Free Initial Consultation | Get in touch with me and let me know what's going on and I'll let you know how I can help. Email me

Contact My Offices Today