Protecting Your Rights and Your Companion Animals
You think of your pet as a member of the family and perhaps your best friend. But the law considers animals more like property than people. While your pet does not have inherent rights, as a pet owner you do.
The Brian D. Kaschel Law Office provides counsel and representation to animal owners in a range of legal issues under the umbrella term of "pet law" or "animal law." I am available to address these often complex and emotional legal issues.
Contact my Fairfield, Connecticut law office online or by telephone at 866-603-8810 to discuss your legal matter. I serve Fairfield County and New Haven County.
Fairfield Pet Law Attorney
I can't represent your pet, per se. But I can serve your interests and the interests of your dog, cat or other companion animal by asserting your rights and wishes within the law. I can advise and initiate legal action in a range of pet-related issues:
- Veterinarian malpractice — Did your pet die or suffer injury due to professional negligence?
- Wrongful death or cruelty to your pet — You may have claims if your pet was killed by someone else's animal or harmed by a person's intentional acts.
- Pet trusts — Your estate plan can provide for custody and care of your pet if you die first.
- Pet custody disputes — Who gets the dog or cat in a divorce or breakup?
- Municipal laws governing animals — What are your rights in keeping of pets, exotic animals or livestock?
- Lost, seized or stolen pets — There may be legal issues in recovering your missing animal even if you locate it.
- Dog bites and animal attacks — I can represent you if you were bitten or if your animal injured someone else.
- Other issues with pets — I will help or find someone who can.
Connecticut Animal Lawyer
As a civil litigation attorney since 1996, I have resolved a number of pet-related matters. I recently attended a continuing legal education seminar that specifically addressed topical legal issues, statutes and court rulings in the evolving and sometimes gray area of pet law.
Contact me today for a free initial consultation. I am conveniently located in downtown Fairfield with plenty of free parking available right at my office.